Putting it all together in Dreamweaver (MAR 8th)
Merging your Mock-up with Dreamweaver using Slicing, Smart Objects, and Copy & Paste
- Types of Slices: User, Auto, Layer-Based
USER and LAYER-BASED Slices
EXPORTING Slices for Dreamweaver
- User Slices only
- All Slices + HTML
MERGING PHOTOSHOP WITH DREAMWEAVER
Copy & Paste Technique
Start working on your midterm. We have already gone through the preliminary Site Planning Stage. Next:
- Decide how you want to organize your files. Structure and organization is the key!!
- Prepare the assets you will be using in Dreamweaver. This can start with slicing your mock-up and working on other items in Photshop.
- Start bringing these elements into Dreamweaver. If divs are still confusing you (which is ok) can use a template from Dreamweaver. You might also want to try the SmartObject or Copy and Paste technique.
Begin INDIVIDUAL MEETINGS / Show me your Mock-Up
Due Monday March 29th (Monday after Spring Break)
Requirements for midterm site:
1. 5-10 pages linked
3. css linked stylesheet
4. navigation bar or system that is easy to navigate
5. design of site that is distinctive
**Note: You can still make a distinctive design by modifying a template. Chapter 15: Making Life Easier, UsingTemplates, Libraries, and Snippets
Creating your own CSS Layouts:
Exporting your Mock-up into a CSS Layout with Fireworks
(there are many tutorials on how to do this online)
Chapter 5: Including Images and Media
Continue working on your site and mock-up for next week. I will expect you to have your design and concept for all of your pages. We will be constructing our layouts next Monday!
Creating our layout in Dreamweaver and Navigation Options: show and hide, vertical gallery, thumbnail contruction, image mapping
Many of you will want to incorporate these navigation items into your site. You can jump ahead and lay the groundwork by preparing some of these items in Photoshop. I encourage you to start planning for these by reading: Chapter 13: Using Behaviors and Navigation Objects